23 Oct 2009

RENO - The Biggest Little City In The World!



Reno is amazing! It seems absurd that it is a town where real people live - I feel like I'm in that part of Back to the Future 2 when Biff changes reality with his sports results book...

My hotel is the very height of gambling chic - check it out here: http://www.sandsregency.com/ I was walking forever before I made it to my room, but when I got there the view from the window was so cool; there's a massive building with green-lit shooting up sections right opposite - just like how the Emereld City looks in the Wizard of Oz.


Right now, I'm in a cafe on the river called Java Jungle, eating houmous and olives. The journey here from Davis was incredible; I came by coach and we went right through the Sierra Nevada mountains. The sky was bright blue and the landscape was just so immense; parts of it were spotted with snow and parts were all burned out from a big forest fire a couple of years ago.

Tomorrow I'm stopping off in Sacramento, California'a capital, for a couple of hours en route to Fresno, in order to stalk Governor Schwarzenegger - I have been given details regarding the hotel he rents a suite in... all I have to do is wait.

And now to make my way over to West Street Market and do poems. I have to leave here at something ridiculous o'clock in the morning - you should see the bags under my eyes, they are very very impressive.

Until the next...

1 comment:

Nathan Filer said...

You can take the girl out of houmous and olives, but you can't take houmous and olives out of ... No. That makes no sense whatsoever. I have no idea where I was going with that. None.

SHUT UP!

By which I mean, continue.